Once again, the Villa Park Public Library is joining neighboring libraries to present Inside Writing and Publishing, DuPage 2013, a series of six free programs aimed at aspiring writers. This year’s series kicks off with conversations with local authors on January 26 at 1:00 p.m. at the Wheaton Public Library.
On Tuesday, January 29 at 7:00 p.m., the Villa Park Public Library will co-sponsor a program at the Addison Public Library on successful e-publishing. Other topics covered include: getting your book published, writing and selling a screenplay, using tech tools, and learning how to promote your book.
Complete Program Schedule:
- January 26 – Author Conversations (Wheaton Public Library)
- January 29 – Steps to Success with ePublishing (Addison Public Library / Amy Alessio)
- February 9 – The 10 Secrets to Getting Your Book Successfully Published (Glen Ellyn Public Library / Joseph Durepos and Bret Nicholaus)
- February 12 – The Nuts and Bolts of Writing and Selling a Screenplay (Bloomingdale Public Library / Marie Murray)
- February 23 – A Writer’s Guide to Tech Tools (Hinsdale Public Library / Helen Gallagher)
- March 2 – Collaboration and Spectacle: How to Promote Your Book (Even When Your Publisher Doesn’t) (Bartlett Public Library District / James Kennedy)
For a complete description of programs and information on registration, please download the program brochure or contact the Readers Advisory Desk at (630) 834-1164, ext 103.