The Villa Park Public Library is an official Passport Acceptance Facility. Passport applications are accepted by appointment only. We are not able to accept walk-ins.
Passport Appointment Times (based on availability):
To schedule a new passport appointment, please call the library at (630) 834-1164 and ask to speak to a Passport Acceptance Agent.
Monday: 11:00 a.m. & 7:00 p.m.
Tuesday: 11:00 a.m. & 7:00 p.m.
Wednesday: 11:00 a.m.
Thursday: 11:00 a.m. & 7:00 p.m.
Friday: 11:00 a.m. & 3:00 p.m.
Saturday: 3:00 p.m.
Please note: The application process can take up to an hour or more per application.
- The person getting the passport must be present
- Application form DS-11 (Filled out in black in only and not signed until the Passport Acceptance Agent directs you to sign the form at your appointment)
- Proof of U.S. citizenship, Identification, and photocopies of all documentation being submitted.
- Applicants 16-17 years of age need to appear with one parent (parent’s ID is needed) or be able to show parental awareness (You must show at least one legal parent or legal guardian is aware that you are applying for a passport).
- Applicants under the age of 16: Both parents and the child must be present at the time of application.
- Having all forms completed prior to coming to your appointment will decrease your wait time at the library.
- Making an appointment does not guarantee your appointment time if the necessary forms are not completed when you arrive for your appointment.
- We do not accept passport renewals. Passport renewals must be submitted directly to the U.S. Dept. of State through the mail. To verify that you qualify for a passport renewal by mail, please visit: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/have-passport/renew.html
- Visit travel.state.gov for more information and to print out the necessary forms
- Passport application fee made payable to: U.S. Department of State
- Method pf payment accepted: Check or money order ONLY
- Passport execution fee made payable to: Villa Park Public Library
- Methods of payment accepted: Cash, check, or charge
- For current fees, please visit: https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/passports/forms-fees/Passport%20Fees%20Chart_TSG_JAN2021.pdf
The library does not provide photo services. A passport photo must be 2 x 2-inches in size with a white background printed on photo quality paper. The U.S. Department of State has strict photo guidelines and acceptance of your photo is always at the discretion of the U.S. passport agency. Please visit travel.state.gov for more detailed information about photos.
We do not recommend attempting to take your own passport photo. There are several places near the library that provide this service such as Walgreens, CVS, etc.
- If one parent is unable to attend, a notarized DS-3053 Statement of Consent form must be submitted along with a copy of the front and back of the non-applying parent’s ID.
- Acceptable forms of Identification include: a valid Illinois driver’s license, valid passport, or military ID card.
- Additional documentation is needed for births abroad as well as both domestic and foreign adoptions.
This page constitutes a general overview and not all situations are covered. Please contact the library at (630) 834-1164 or visit travel.state.gov for detailed information regarding passport applications.