Full Time Position
Digital Services Librarian
Salary Range: Starting at $18.00/hour, depending on experience, with full benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, 4 weeks vacation plus sick and personal leave, Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF) pension plan, and availability of 457(b)/Roth retirement savings plan.
Hours: 37.5 hours/week (full-time); hours include mornings, afternoons, evenings, and weekends.
As a member of the Public Services Department, the Digital Services Librarian is responsible for keeping current on new technologies and for providing training on use of equipment and software for patrons and staff.
Core job functions include:
- Coordinates purchases of ebook resources and services for patrons.
- Integrates the library’s web offerings and guides the library’s virtual services efforts, including, but not limited to, blogs, podcasting, RSS, online gaming, and other web-related technologies.
- Organizes and teaches technology classes for patrons and staff.
- Provides reference services and assists patrons with the use of the Internet and computer software programs.
- Works with the Automation Services Coordinator to ensure appropriate infrastructure and software for the library’s online presence.
- Master’s degree in Library Science or Information Science from an ALA-accredited institution.
- Proficiency in the use of personal computer technologies, including desktops, laptops, tablets, and Internet applications.
- Experience with digital media software and familiarity with Windows, Mac, and mobile platforms/environments.
- One year or more of library experience working with the public.
To apply: Email cover letter, resume, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org:
Sean Birmingham, Head of Public Services
Villa Park Public Library
305 S. Ardmore Avenue
Villa Park, IL 60181