Celebrate NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) by joining our writing contest! Short story submissions will be accepted November 1st-30th. The theme is: WINTER. You are encouraged to interpret this in any way you wish. Be creative and express your ideas! Winners will be announced Monday, December 14th. The following prizes will be awarded:
1st place: $25.00 Amazon gift card and writer’s bundle
2nd place: $15.00 Amazon gift card
The following rules apply:
- Teens in grades 6-12 are eligible
- Works cannot exceed 2,000 words
- 1 entry per person
- All work must be original and unpublished
- Participants must be a resident of DuPage County
- Email your submission as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org (you will receive a “thank you” email within 48 hours of submitting your work; if you do not receive this email, please double check that you sent your short story to the correct email address)
- Entries must be submitted as a Word doc, Google doc, or PDF.
- Entries must include a title page with your name, age, grade, school, and contact information (phone number or email address)
- Work will be judged on originality of plot, characters, use of language, grammar, spelling, and syntax
Entries which do not meet the requirements as put forth in these rules may be disqualified.