Villa Park Public Library Reopening Plan
Here is what you can expect to see on your next visit to the library:
- Face coverings will be required to enter the library (except where doing so would inhibit the individual’s health OR where the individual is under two years of age). If you cannot wear a protective face covering, please let our staff know at the front door and reasonable accommodations will be made. Your nose and mouth must be covered at all times by a face covering while you are in the library.
- There is an occupancy limit of 50 patrons. We ask that our patrons be considerate of others and limit your visit to two hours maximum each day.
- Social distancing floor decals are placed to remind patrons and staff to maintain the six-foot social distancing guidelines.
- Sneeze guards are in place at Service Desks
- Staff will be moving throughout the building to clean surfaces, doorknobs, keyboards, etc.
- Furniture has been rearranged to accommodate social distancing.
- Locker holds pickup continue to be an option
- There is very limited computer availability (Six in Adult Services and four in Youth Services). Daily time limits of two hours will continue to be in place.
- All items returned to the library are placed into quarantine for seven days. All items will remain checked out on patron accounts while they are in quarantine. No late fees will be charged during this time.
The following services and features will be implemented during Phase 5 – Illinois Restored per the Restore Illinois plan
- Quiet Reading Room, Digital Media Lab, Group Collaboration Room, and all Study Rooms
- In-house programming
- Print newspapers
- Puppets, Puzzles, Board Games, and Science Kits
Please note that these plans may change based on the Illinois Department of Public Health and DuPage County Health Department’s recommendations, as well as the wellness of library staff.
For updates, please visit our website, follow us on social media, or sign-up for our bi-weekly eNewsletter.