Are you a Homeschooling Parent looking for more resources for your children? Here is some of what your local library can do for you!
Homeschooled children can learn the basics of using the Library, including our online catalog, books, digital resources, and more. Sessions range from 25 minutes up to an hour, and can be tailored to focus on appropriate resources for age and interests of each child or group. For grades 3 and older; younger children may attend with an adult. To schedule a session, please call 630.834.1164.
One on One Consultation
Our library is always willing to help you, as a parent-educator, find the resources and materials you need for your lessons. Come in to Youth Services and ask, or call ahead at 630.834.1164.
Museum Adventure Pass
The adventure begins at your local Illinois library! The Museum Adventure Pass program provides free admission or a special discount at participating Chicago Area cultural destinations. This opportunity is made possible by the participating cultural organizations, and the participating Illinois public libraries. Learn more. Visit either of our Public Service Info Desks with your library card in hand and check out a Museum Pass. Museum Passes are limited, and available on a first come, first served basis. They cannot be reserved.
- American Library Association’s Great Web Sites for Kids
- Homeschool.com: resources and curricula for homeschoolers.
- Home School Legal Defense Association: A nonprofit advocacy organization established to defend and advance the constitutional right of parents to direct the education of their children and to protect family freedoms.
- The National Home Education Research Institute: NHERI conducts, evaluates and shares homeschooling research.
- Illinois State Board of Education -Illinois Home-Schooling: Includes Illinois homeschooling requirements, registration forms, FAQs and links to other homeschooling sites.