Full Time Position
No full time openings.
Part Time Position
Hours/week: 16.5 hours per week
Current Schedule: We are looking for a candidate who has a flexible schedule to help cover morning, afternoon, and evening shifts.
Mondays: 8:45-1 pm
Tuesdays: 4:30-9:05 pm
Wednesdays: 5-9:05 pm
Saturdays (on a rotational basis): 8:45-5:05 pm
Sundays (on a rotational basis) 12:45–5:05 pm
Salary: $11.02 / hour
Job duties include:
- Checking library materials in and out for patrons
- Collecting fines and fees
- Issuing and renewing library cards
- Maintaining patron database
- Answering telephone and transferring incoming calls to appropriate departments and staff
- Directing patrons to appropriate areas in the library
- Assisting patrons with locating materials within the online catalog and on the shelves
- Troubleshooting computer issues with library patrons
- Participating in community outreach events
- Cooperating as a team member with the library staff in performing any duties essential to the achievement of effective library operations
- High school diploma (College degree preferred)
- One to two years of customer service experience preferred
- Ability to express self well in English, both orally and in writing, required
- Fluent Spanish language skills preferred
To apply: Please ask for an application at the Service Desk. No phone calls please.
Application Deadline: Applications accepted until position has been filled.