Full Time Positions Available
Virtual Services Librarian
Salary Range: $16.25–$21.00/hour, depending on experience
Hours: 37.5 hours/week (full-time); hours include mornings, afternoons, evenings, and weekends.
As a member of the Public Services Department, the Virtual Services Librarian is responsible for keeping current on new technologies and for providing training on use of equipment and software for patrons and staff.
Core job functions include:
- Coordinates purchases of ebook resources and services for patrons.
- Integrates the library’s web offerings and guides the library’s virtual services efforts, including, but not limited to, blogs, podcasting, RSS, online gaming, and other web-related technologies.
- Organizes and teaches technology classes for patrons and staff.
- Provides reference services and assists patrons with the use of the Internet and computer software programs.
- Works with the Automation Services Coordinator to ensure appropriate infrastructure and software for the library’s online presence.
- Master’s degree in Library Science or Information Science from an ALA-accredited institution.
- Proficiency in the use of personal computer technologies, including desktops, laptops, tablets, and Internet applications.
- Experience with digital media software and familiarity with Windows, Mac, and mobile platforms/environments.
- One year or more of library experience involving working with the public.
To apply: Email cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com:
Sean Birmingham, Head of Adult Services
Villa Park Public Library
305 S. Ardmore Avenue
Villa Park, IL 60181
Part Time Position Available
Hours/week: 14 hours / week on average
Schedule*: Tuesdays: 1-9:05 pm
Thursdays: 5-9:05 pm
Saturdays (on a rotational basis): 8:45 – 5:05 pm
Sundays (on a rotational basis): 1:00 – 5:05 pm
Salary: $10.80 / hour
Job duties include:
- Checking library materials in and out for patrons
- Collecting fines and fees
- Issuing and renewing library cards
- Maintaining patron database
- Answering telephone and transferring incoming calls to appropriate departments and staff
- Directing patrons to appropriate areas in the library
- Assisting patrons with locating materials within the online catalog and on the shelves
- Troubleshooting computer issues with library patrons
- Participating in community outreach events
- Cooperating as a team member with the library staff in performing any duties essential to the achievement of effective library operations
- High school diploma (College degree preferred)
- One to two years of customer service experience preferred
- Ability to express self well in English, both orally and in writing, required
- Fluent Spanish language skills preferred
To apply: Please ask for an application at the Service Desk, or visit our website at www.vppl.info and access the application under Info > Job Openings.
Application Deadline: Saturday, April 28, 2018.
*Schedule is for May – August, 2018 and is subject to change.