Full Time Positions Available
There are currently no full-time positions available.
Part Time Positions Available
Salary: Begins at $10.40 per hour
The Library is now accepting applications for the position of Circulation/Outreach Services Assistant.
This part-time position (approximately 15 hours per week) will require working a flexible schedule including mornings, afternoons, evenings, and weekends in the Circulation/Outreach Services Department at the Check-Out Desk.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Checking library materials in and out for patrons.
- Collecting fines and fees.
- Issuing and renewing library cards.
- Maintaining patron database.
- Answering telephone and transferring incoming calls to appropriate staff.
- Notifying patrons of holds available for pickup.
- Directing patrons to appropriate areas in library.
- Distributing incoming mail.
- Processing magazines and newspapers.
- Printing and processing overdue notices.
- Cooperating as a team member with the library staff in performing any duties essential to the achievement of effective library operations.
- Outreach visits and events.
Contacts outside of immediate department:
- Patrons, other departments, other libraries.
- Considerable bending, lifting, reaching, and carrying.
- Extended periods of standing.
- Some repetitive motion.
Education and experience required for entry into job:
- High school diploma.
- One to two years of customer service experience preferred.
- Keyboarding skills required.
- Ability to express self well in English, both orally and in writing.
Please ask for an application at the Check-Out Desk. The deadline for applications will be: Wednesday, December 10, 2014.
To get more information please contact: