Full Time Positions Available
There are currently no full-time positions available.
Part Time Positions Available
This is a part-time position (approx. 15 hours per week) which will require working a flexible schedule including mornings, afternoons, and weekends in the Circulation/Outreach Services Department at the Check-Out Desk and assisting with outreach activities within the community.
Current shift schedule through August 31 will be: Mondays 1-5pm, Thursdays 8:30-1pm, and Fridays 5-9pm
Alternating weekend schedule will include: Saturdays 8:30/12-5pm, Sundays 12:30/1-5pm
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Checking library materials in and out for patrons.
- Collecting fines and fees.
- Issuing and renewing library cards. Maintaining patron database.
- Answering telephone and transferring incoming calls to appropriate staff.
- Notifying patrons of holds available for pickup.
- Directing patrons to appropriate areas in library.
- Distributing incoming mail.
- Processing magazines and newspapers.
- Printing and processing overdue notices.
- Cooperating as a team member with the library staff in performing any duties essential to the achievement of effective library operations.
Contacts outside of immediate department:
- Patrons, other departments, other libraries
- Considerable bending, lifting, reaching, and carrying.
- Extended periods of standing.
- Some repetitive motion.
Education and experience required for entry into job:
- High school diploma.
- One to two years of customer service experience preferred.
- Keyboarding skills required.
- Ability to express self well in English, both orally and in writing.
Please ask for an application at the Check-Out Desk. The deadline for applications will be: Monday, July 21, 2014.
Salary: $8.78 starting
Applications are now being accepted for the position of Library Page for the Youth Services Department. Applicants must be 16 or older. Applicants must be able to reach, remove and replace materials on the top shelf of circulating collection book stacks - 78 inches high - and on all shelves below this height. The position involves two (2) two-hour shifts every week, one (1) three-hour shift every week, one (1) three-and-one-half hour shift every other Saturday, and one (1) three-hour shift every fourth Sunday. Between Memorial Day and Labor Day, there are no Sunday shifts. Pages are primarily responsible for shelving returned materials. They also help keep our shelves in order by shelf reading the collection and shifting books as needed. The hourly wage starts at $8.78. Come in to fill out an application.
For information, contact:
Nancy in the Youth Services Department
Phone: (630) 834-1176