Full Time Positions Available
The Villa Park Public Library seeks a full-time (37.5 hours per week) Virtual Services Librarian. Hours to include mornings, afternoons, and evenings, and weekends. As a member of the Adult Services Department, this individual is responsible for keeping current on new technologies. In addition, they will provide training on use of equipment and software for patrons and staff.
Core job functions include:
- Works with the Automation Services Coordinator to ensure appropriate infrastructure and software for the Library's online presence.
- Integrates the Library's web offerings and guides the Library's virtual services efforts, including, but not limited to, blogs, podcasting, RSS, online gaming, other web related technologies.
- Coordinates purchases of ebook resources and services for patrons.
- Collaborates with the ILS Network and Systems Coordinator with online catalog maintenance and upgrades.
- Determines staff core competencies in technology.
- Organizes and teaches technology classes for patrons and staff.
- Provides reference service and assists patrons with the use of the Internet and computer software programs.
- Assists in updates to the Library's Intranet.
Required qualifications: Master's degree in Library Science from an accredited institution. One year or more of library experience involving working with the public. Must be proficient in the use of personal computer technologies, including desktops, laptops, tablets, and Internet applications.
Applications accepted until position is filled.
Send cover letter, resume, and three references to:
Villa Park Public Library
305 S. Ardmore Ave.
Villa Park, IL 60181
Part Time Positions Available
There are currently no part-time positions available.