Full Time Positions Available
There are currently no full-time positions available.
Part Time Positions Available
Salary: $8.78 per hour
Applications are now being accepted for the part time position of Library Page. There are two part time positions available.
This position will require working a flexible schedule including mornings, afternoons, evenings, and weekends in the Circulation/Outreach Services Department.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Shelves books and other library materials.
- "Reads" the shelves -- determines that materials are in proper order. Keeps materials in proper order, neatly arranged.
- Checks computer-generated reports against shelved materials for inventory control.
- Cooperates as a team member with the library staff in performing any duties essential to the achievement of effective library operations.
Contacts outside of immediate department:
- Other departments, patrons.
- Must be able to reach, remove and replace materials on the top shelf of circulating collection book stacks at 78 inches high and on all shelves below this height.
- Must be able to push a fully loaded cart.
- Considerable bending, lifting, reaching and carrying.
Education and experience required for entry into job:
- One year of high school.
- Ability to express self well in English, both orally and in writing.
Applications are available at the library or online at www.vppl.info. The deadline for applications will be: Saturday, September 12, 2015.