Full Time Positions Available
There are currently no full-time positions available.
Part Time Positions Available
Salary: $8.78 per hour
Applications are now being accepted for the part time position of Library Page.
This is a part-time position (average 9-12 hours per week) which will require working a flexible schedule including mornings, afternoons, evenings, and weekends in the Circulation/Outreach Services Department as a Library Page.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Shelves books and other library materials.
- "Reads" the shelves to maintain materials in proper order. Keeps materials in proper order, neatly arranged.
- Checks computer-generated reports against shelved materials for inventory control.
- Cooperates as a team member with the library staff in performing any duties essential to the achievement of effective library operations.
Contacts outside of immediate department:
- Other departments, patrons.
- Must be able to reach, remove, and replace materials on the top shelf of circulating collection book stacks at 78 inches high and on all shelves below this height.
- Must be able to push a fully loaded cart.
- Considerable bending, lifting, reaching, and carrying.
Education and experience required for entry into job:
- One year of high school.
- Ability to express self well in English, both orally and in writing.
Applications are available at the First Floor Service Desk in the library or online at www.vppl.info.
The deadline for applications is Tuesday, May 3, 2016.