Full Time Positions Available
There are currently no full-time positions available.
Part Time Positions Available
This is a part-time position (approx. 15 hours per week) which will require working a flexible schedule including mornings, afternoons, and weekends in the Circulation/Outreach Services Department at the Check-Out Desk and assisting with outreach activities within the community.
Current shift schedule through August 31 will be: Mondays 1-5pm, Thursdays 8:30-1pm, and Fridays 5-9pm
Alternating weekend schedule will include: Saturdays 8:30/12-5pm, Sundays 12:30/1-5pm
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Checking library materials in and out for patrons.
- Collecting fines and fees.
- Issuing and renewing library cards. Maintaining patron database.
- Answering telephone and transferring incoming calls to appropriate staff.
- Notifying patrons of holds available for pickup.
- Directing patrons to appropriate areas in library.
- Distributing incoming mail.
- Processing magazines and newspapers.
- Printing and processing overdue notices.
- Cooperating as a team member with the library staff in performing any duties essential to the achievement of effective library operations.
Contacts outside of immediate department:
- Patrons, other departments, other libraries
- Considerable bending, lifting, reaching, and carrying.
- Extended periods of standing.
- Some repetitive motion.
Education and experience required for entry into job:
- High school diploma.
- One to two years of customer service experience preferred.
- Keyboarding skills required.
- Ability to express self well in English, both orally and in writing.
Please ask for an application at the Check-Out Desk. The deadline for applications will be: Monday, July 21, 2014.