Full Time Positions Available
The Villa Park Public Library seeks a full-time (37.5 hours per week) head for the Circulation and Outreach Services Department. Hours to include mornings, afternoons, and occasional nights, and weekends. This position serves on the Library's management team to help establish goals, objectives, and strategies for improved library service. Core job functions include:
- Sets long and short range goals, objectives and priorities for the department.
- Recruits, trains, supervises, and evaluates staff for the department.
- Participates in planning of department budget and develops written procedures for department. Reports monthly to Library Director regarding departmental progress.
- Serves as Librarian-In-Charge, as assigned.
- Serves patrons at the checkout and registration desk. Performs all Circulation Assistant I and Circulation Assistant II duties.
- Resolves difficult issues or situations with patrons and/or materials.
- Maintains patron database.
- Maintains records on overdue and delinquent accounts and refers accounts to collection agency (or police) as necessary.
- Promotes programs and services through displays, flyers, public speaking, etc.
- Acts as a library representative to the community through local groups and by making school visits.
- Works closely with the Library Director to develop an annual plan of library objectives and activities for community relations based on the Library's goals and objectives
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
Send cover letter, resume, and three references to:
Sandra Hill, Library Director
Villa Park Public Library
305 S. Ardmore Ave.
Villa Park, IL 60181
Part Time Positions Available
There are currently no part-time positions available.