NEW GUIDELINES AS OF 1/19/21:
The Library building is open for browsing with modified hours.
Monday – Thursday: 11:00 am – 7:00 pm
Friday & Saturday: 12:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Sundays: Closed until further notice
Locker Pickup Service is available through our NEW automated locker system 24 hours a day/7 days a week.
Know before you go! For the health and safety of our patrons and staff, we will be offering limited library services until further notice.
- Masks covering nose and mouth are required inside the library building for both patrons and staff.
- Maintain a social distance of at least 6 feet while inside the library.
- Please stay home if you or a member of your family is currently ill or has been exposed to COVID-19.
Services available at the Library:
- Browsing of materials
- Checking out items
- Computer access will be limited to 60 minutes. Reservations are required. Please call the library at (630) 834-1164 to reserve a time.
- Drive-up Book Return
- Friends of the Library Book Nook
- Hold pickup
- Inter-Library Loan
- Notary Services (no real estate transactions)
- Photo & Document Scanning
- Photocopy, Fax
- Quick print
- Quick reference support
- Register for and renew a library card
- Returning of library materials
- Study Rooms
- Wi-Fi access in our parking lot (available from 8:00 am – 8:00 pm, 7 days a week). Connect to VPPL-Outdoor. Password: tigerking305
- Continue to return your items to our outdoor, drive-up, or inside book returns. Please do not hand materials to staff. Materials will continue to be quarantined for seven days. Materials will remain on your library card account until they are removed from quarantine. No late fees will be charged during this time.
Services NOT available at the Library at this time:
- Early Childhood Area (including all children’s toys)
- Passport Services
- Meeting Rooms
- VHS to DVD Conversion