Share a love of words and reading with your child from an early age by joining us at our Storytime sessions. We have programs for children of all ages, from the very youngest to those who are more independent. Learn more about Storytimes.
Art Jam – A magazine featuring kids’ writing and artwork produced by the Villa Park Public Library.
Museum Adventure Pass
The adventure begins at your local Illinois library! The Museum Adventure Pass program provides free admission or a special discount at participating, Chicago Area cultural destinations. This opportunity is made possible by the participating cultural organizations, and the participating Illinois public libraries. Learn more. Visit either of our Public Service Info Desks with your library card in hand and check out a Museum Pass. Museum Passes are limited, and available on a first come, first served basis. They cannot be reserved.
Early Literacy Resources
There are many ways to encourage early literacy. Here are some tips from the Association for Library Service to Children (ALSC) and the Public Library Association (PLA).
Web Resources for Parents:
- American Library Association’s Great Web Sites for Kids
- IllinoisParents.org: resources for families and schools in Illinois
- Chicago Parent Calendar of Events: parenting and family events in the Chicago area
- Safeguarding Children: Advice from the IL Attorney General: Keeping kids safe every day through awareness, risk management and proactive parenting
- Story Blocks: Stories and rhymes to get kids ready to read before they start kindergarten
- Parent’s Choice: Reviews of Children’s media and toys
- Zero to Three: Early childhood resources from the National Center for Infants, Toddlers, and Famililes
- PBS Parents : extensive site, including early literacy, child development, and educational resources from PBS
- District 45 Online Calendar
- District 48 Online Calendar
- District 88 Online Calendar
|Find Books, Music and Movies||Homework Help||Cool Resources||Book Lists|