Subject Guide for Business and Investing
Each research guide provides internet links and resources selected by our reference staff:
- AtoZdatabases : Detail Profile on Any US Business - AtoZdatabasesâ€™
- Big Charts - Provides access to interactive charts, quotes, industry analysis and intraday stock screeners as well as market news and commentary. Includes historical quotes.
- BondsOnline - Current and historic pricing and information for stocks, bonds, and other securities. Investing information and links to other resources.
- Chicago Business - Published by Crain's Chicago Business newspaper.
- College of DuPage - Small Business Development Center - The Illinois SBDC at College of DuPage offers FREE one-on-one advising and a variety of workshops to help your business survive and thrive.Training and advising is available for new and existing businesses.
- Financial Calculators - From interest.com, over twenty calculators for mortgage financing, home equity, car loans, CDs and more.
- Forbes - Find top business stories and trends. Also tracks top stories trending in social media.
- GlobalEDGE - Global business information from Michigan State University's Broad College of Business.
- Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity - Official state resources for business and community development, technological assistance, entrepreneurship, and more.
- MSN Money - Information on all aspects of personal and commercial finance.
- Record Information Services - Searchable database of new home purchases and new start-up businesses. Also available are databases of foreclosures and auctions, as well as newly filed bankruptcies.
- SCORE Fox Valley - SCORE volunteers share their business experience and provide FREE business mentoring to anyone who is operating a small business or thinking about starting one. Also offers low-cost workshops.
SCORE is a national, non-profit association composed of retired and semi-retired executives and business owners.
- State of Illinois Business Portal - Official state resource for those starting or running a business in Illinois. Includes forms.
- U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission - Here you'll find links to a complete list of filings available through EDGAR and instructions for searching the EDGAR database.
- U.S. Small Business Association - Programs and services to help you start and grow your business.
- Women's Small Business Development Center - The Womenâ€™s Business Development Center helps women business owners successfully achieve economic independence through entrepreneurship.
Offers workshops, business coaching, and financial & procurement assistance to support business growth at every stage of development.
- Yahoo! Business and Economy directory - Index of Internet sites for all areas of business and finance.
- Yahoo! Finance - Full-featured investing information portal.