Subject Guide for Readers Resources
Each research guide provides internet links and resources selected by our reference staff:
- Baen free library - Baen publishing, through it's WebScription Ebook portal, offers a number of science fiction and fantasy titles available to read online or for free download. Currently, approximately 100 titles are available. Five file formats.
- ClueLass.com - Great information about mystery authors, books, and characters.
- InfoTrac - Log in with your library card number and pin
Contains Contemporary Authors, Contemporary Literary Criticism, Scribner Writers Series.
- Locus Online - "News, reviews, resources & perspectives of the science fiction field."
- Mystery Net.com - Reader polls, online discussions, mystery games, and author information.
- Mystery Reader - News and reviews of mystery and detective stories. Lists of novels by type, author links, interviews, upcoming releases.
- NoveList - Log in with your library card number and pin
Electronic readers' advisory resource that assists fiction readers of all ages in finding new authors and titles.
- Oprah's Book Club - The website for the very popular club. Includes lists of selected books, author resources, interview videos, online book groups and message boards.
- Reading Group Choices - Tips, links, and other information to help readers start and run their own discussion groups.
- ReadingGroupGuides.com - Contains a large selection of reading group guides with discussion questions, as well as information on starting and running groups. One of six sites in the Book Report Network.
- Romance Reader - Latest news and reviews of romantic fiction. Lists of romance novels by category, reader picks, author interviews, and more.
- Romantic Times - Online edition of the popular magazine includes author interviews, reviews of new and upcoming titles, and more.
- SF Site - Fantasy and science fiction news, reviews, interviews, and convention information. Search for books by authors or in series, awards, author information, and upcoming titles.
- What's Next (KDL) - Searchable database of series fiction. Search by author name, series name, book title, and more. Provided by Kent District Library.
- Whichbook - Not sure what to read next? Whichbook features a fun and innovative interface that generates lists of possible next reads based upon criteria that you select.