Subject Guide for Seniors
Each research guide provides internet links and resources selected by our reference staff:
- American Association of Retired Persons - Provides information on insurance, health, travel, housing, investing and benefits. Also available in Spanish.
- DuPage County Senior Services - Senior Citizen Services assists DuPage County residents, aged 60 and older, as they are faced by the challenges of aging.
- Elderhostel - The website of the not-for-profit senior travel education organization. Research a trip, join a discussion group, book your reservation, and go.
- Illinois Department on Aging - The Illinois Department on Aging helps older people live independently in their own homes and communities. The Department's web site includes numerous resources, including information on Circuit Breaker and Illinois Cares RX.
- Medicare.gov - The official U.S. government site for people on Medicare. Compare plans, learn about local hospitals and nursing homes, find answers to questions about billing and appeals.
- NIH Senior Health - This website for older adults was developed by the National Institute on Aging and the National Library of Medicine. This is an excellent resource for authoritative information on senior health issues.
- Senior Citizens' Resources at USA.gov - Provides online information, services and resources for seniors.
- SeniorNet - SeniorNet is an online community for computer using adults, age 50 and over. Included are online guides and tutorials, technology news, discussion groups, and more.
- Yahoo! Seniors - Directory of links to web sites with information on senior issues.
- York Township Senior Services - The Senior Center provides programs and services designed to enhance the quality of life of our senior citizens 55 years of age and over