Subject Guide for Gardening
Each research guide provides internet links and resources selected by our reference staff:
- American Garden Museum - An online archive of gardens, large and small, from across the United States.
- Chicago Botanic Garden - This world class garden is located in Glencoe, Il. The website includes information about the Garden itself as well as a great deal of information for the Chicagoland home gardener.
- Dave's Garden - Dave's Garden (aka "DG") is an informational website where a large, international community of gardeners can learn from each other and find resources offered by the gardening industry.
- GardenWeb - The Internet's garden and home community. Lots of useful information on a wide variety of plants. Forum for gardeners to share information and gardening experiences.
- Integrated Plants Database of The Morton Arboretum - This online database provides integrated access to data on the plants of The Morton Arboretum living collections and herbarium, as well as to our interactive collections map, scanned herbarium sheets, and photographs of living plants.
- JGarden - An extensive searchable database of notable traditional Japanese gardens in Japan and around the world, including many in North America.
- Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center - The mission of the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center is to increase the sustainable use and conservation of native wildflowers, plants and landscapes.
- Men's Garden Club of Villa Park - The website of the Villa Park, Il organization founded in 1936. Includes an events and lecture calendar, membership information, and useful links.
- Morton Arboretum - The official website of the arboretum located in Lisle, Il. Includes information about the arboretum as well as a number of downloadable information sheets about plants and planting in the Chicago area.
- National Gardening Association - The mission of the NGA us ti promote home, school, and community gardening as a means to renew and sustain the essential connections between people, plants, and the environment.
- Organic Gardening -
- PLANTS Database - From the U.S. Department of Agriculture. Everything you could want to know about every plant in the U.S. and its territories.
- Taste of Gardening - An online educational series about gardening basics provided by the University of Illinois Extension.
- UC Vegetable & Research Information Center - From the University of California Cooperative Extension. This searchable website is a treasure trove of information about vegetables. Information pertains both to production and home gardening.
- Yahoo! Lawn and Garden Information - Directory of links to web sites on lawn and garden information.