Subject Guide for Environmental Issues
Each research guide provides internet links and resources selected by our reference staff:
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) - This government run site is constantly updated with information on environmental issues including current laws, news, science and technology, how to get involved and current issues affecting the environment.
- Fair Trade USA - A 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organization, Fair Trade USA is the leading third-party certifier of Fair Trade products in the United States.
- FuelEconomy.gov - Published by the U.S. Department of Energy and the Environmental Protection Agency. Provides information on fuel economy ratings for cars sold in the U.S. Also includes information about alternative fuels and hybrid technology.
- Green Infrastructure Valuation - From the Center for Neighborhood Technology, this site describes how natural features (such as greenways, raingardens, native landscaping) may be used to manage stormwater, reduce flooding, and improve water quality.
- Natural Resources Defense Council - The website of this environmental action organization features updates on the groups many efforts on behalf of the environment as well as a guide to green living for consumers.
- Sierra Club - The Sierra Club promotes conservation of the natural environment. Their website includes updates on political issues and legislation and numerous environmental education resources.
- The Green Guide - The companion website to the magazine published by National Geographic. Features tips on ecologically friendly living including numerous household product reviews.
- UNEP.org - The United Nations Environment Programme provides this portal to environmental information. Includes thematic topics such as climate change as well as regional information.
- World Wildlife Fund - WWF is the world's largest conservation organization. Their website includes information on endangered species, environmental economics, global climate change, and more.