The Villa Park Public Library subscribes to Tutor.com Learning Suite, which enables our patrons to receive free one-to-one tutoring and homework help when you need it! Writing assistance is also available — even if you only want someone to proofread your completed paper.
Tutoring is available every day from 2:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. It’s easy to connect to a tutor for free one-to-one help.
- The Student Center is for grade school and high school students. Math, Science, English, Social Studies.
- The College Center is for help with college coursework or studying for exams.
- The Adult Education Center is for adults studying for the GED or the Citizenship test.
- The Career Center provides help with job searching, resume writing and interview skills.
- Proof Point Writing Center provides real-time help on reports, essays and papers.
Getting Started is as Easy as 1-2-3
STEP 1. Complete a few pre-session questions to help the tutor know what you need help with today.
STEP 2. Remember to include your question. You can type it, draw it in the whiteboard area or share a file.
STEP 3. Click “Connect” and you’ll connect to a tutor.
You are not required to create an account or login, in order to start the free tutoring service. To use Tutor.com Learning Suite you must access the service through the Library’s website. Visit our website at www.vppl.info. Click All Things Digital, in the column on the right side of the home page. Then click the link for Digital Reference. Scroll down the page to the Education and Careers section. Click on Tutor.com.
If you have any difficulty accessing this resource, our Adult Services Information staff or our Youth Services staff would be happy to assist you. You can stop by or call them at (630) 834 -1164, ext. 104 for Adult Services, or (630) 834-1176 for Youth Services.